Outline for the week's message:
This Week's Topic: "Changing my view of you!" (aired on 06/17/18)
1) As a follower of Jesus the starting point that we must use to estimate and evaluate the worth and value that a person has in our eyes is we must start at the point of realizig that that person is someone who Jesus thought was worthy enough to die for them.
2) We are to estimate our own value and worth in "sober way".
3) As a follower of Jesus we are to look out for the welfare of others just as much as we look out for our own welfare.
4) At the root of our encouragement to watch out for the welfare of others just as much as we watch out for our own welfare is the question of do we really trust God to take care of the both of us.
5) Changing my view of others must start with a changing of how I view and estimate the worth and value that I give to myself.
Last Week's Topic: "Changing my view of you!" (aired on 06/10/18)
1) When estimating the value and worth that we give to others we need to take into account the criteria that we are using to determine the worth that they have in our eyes.
2) As followers of Jesus the worth and the value that we must attribute to others has already been set for us because that person is someone that Jesus died for.
3) Jesus' willingness to die for us gives to us a worth and a value that we have done nothing to earn, merit or deserve.
4) For many of us our problem is not that we underestimate our own worth and value - we overestimate it which leads us to underestimate the worth and value that we attribute to everyone else.
5) In order for us to "think soberly" about ourselves we must look at such things as: our strengths, our weaknesses, our abilities and our inablilities.
6) As followers of Jesus we are to look out for the welfare of others just as much as we look out for our own welfare.
Special note: We now have a Facebook page that you can "like" us on and we also now have sermons up on Youtube that are available for people to listen to. For both items just go to the search box for those websites and type in "word of life bible fellowship" for Facebook and "a word for life radio" for Youtube.